RailNetEurope (RNE) is an association of European Infrastructure Managers (IMs) and Allocation Bodies (ABs) with the common goal of facilitating international traffic on the European rail infrastructure and increasing the efficiency of the IMs’/ABs’ processes.
Detailed information can be found on RNE’s website: www.rne.eu
To cover one of our employee’s upcoming maternity leave, RNE is now looking for a Communications Manager (20 hours / week), in a fixed-term contract from beginning of March 2024 to 30 June 2025 (16 Months). Depending on the development of the company the contract might subsequently transfer into a permanent employment contract.
Communications Manager (20h, parental leave cover)
Part time 20h/week
Your duties / responsibilities
Management and coordination of RNE marketing and communication activities, including:
- Creation of various communication materials – print and digital (including news articles, presentations, brochures, videos, annual report, newsletters, etc.)
- Updating website content and other communication channels, e.g. LinkedIn page
- (Co-) organising RNE communication meetings and events
- Collaboration with and steering of external agencies/providers; cooperation with external partners and other stakeholders on communication tasks
- Working within the corporate identity guidelines
- Substitute for Team Leader of Communications
Your qualifications & skills
- You have a bachelor or master’s degree in Communications or corresponding professional experience in communications and/or digital media design
- 2-3 years of professional experience, preferably in the field of corporate communications at an agency or at the HQ of an international corporation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and ideally German (other languages are considered a plus)
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro) and degree in graphic design, typography, visual communication
- Structured and efficient way of working
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work independently to achieve set goals
- International management and communication skills
- Experience with Content Management Systems (WordPress, SharePoint, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (especially PowerPoint and Excel)
- Copywriting, proof reading and editing skills; outstanding attention to detail
- Pro-active, diligent, and reliable way of working, as well as good time management
- Good team player with independent and structured working style
- Open-minded with the ability to work in a multinational organisation
- You have strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
What we offer
- The annual gross minimum wage for this position according to the Austrian Act on Equal treatment is € 35.000, – (full time basis– 40h/week), with willingness to negotiate overpayments in line with the market, depending on experience and qualifications.
- Up to 50% home office to maintain a good balance between work and leisure time
- A brand new modern and fully accessible office
- A friendly and cooperative team with interesting projects
- Individual development opportunities in an international company
- Company mobile phone of your choice with possibility of private usage
- Lunch deal with our neighbouring restaurant, Quartier Sechs
The tasks and responsibilities may change depending on the objectives and organisation of the association.
Candidates shall be available from beginning of March 2024. If you have any questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact us.
- attractive salary
- up to 50% home office
- modern working environment
- mobile phone of choice for private use
- lunch deal at Quartier Sechs
- working in a sustainable industry
Are you interested in the position?
Please, send your CV together with a letter of motivation (including possible starting date and salary expectations) and your portfolio (max. 15 MB if sending by e-mail, alternatively please provide via link) to
Ms Elisabeth Gruber: email@example.com
Your job application requires submission of personal information to RNE. According to our internal rules, the RNE Managing Board shall appoint the staff of the Joint Office in Vienna. As an association of more than 30 companies around Europe, RNE members provide their funding and are involved in its operations. With this said we inform all job applicants about the above particularities. Therefore, RNE human resources personnel (or HR agency on its behalf) and RNE management considering your application and RNE members will have access to your personal information included in your CV.
This is our way to find a balance between transparency in our organisation and your privacy. Thus, the applicants are explicitly asked to consent to this and with the submission of your job application, we consider you agree and give explicit consent on the above distributions of your CV to the RNE Managing Board members and the GA representatives.
In other words, by submitting your application, you consent to the processing of your personal data in the above way, and if hired, to the ongoing processing of your personal data for administrative purposes in connection with your employment.